The German Research Foundation (DFG) Research Training Group „Fixing Futures: Technologies of Anticipation in Contemporary Societies“ at the Goethe University Frankfurt am Main is inviting applications for the position of
Scientific Coordinator (m/f/d) (E 13 TV–G–U, 50% part–time)
starting from 01.05.2023. The employment contract has an initial duration of five years, with the option of extension. The salary grade is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe–University (TV–G–U).
Building on recent scholarship in science and technology studies (STS), the Research Training Group “Fixing Futures“ investigates how contemporary societies accommodate future developments and events. It explores “technologies of anticipation” focusing on economic practices, modes of government, and processes of life as the main research areas. The Research Training Group combines the disciplinary perspectives of cultural anthropology, human geography, sociology, and related social sciences. English is the language of instruction. Here you find more information on our research program– please read this document carefully before applying: www.fixingfutures.eu
Your main task will be to ensure the successful communication between the Research Training Group, the administration of Goethe University, and the DFG. You will be responsible for the management of the funds provided by the GU and the DFG as well as for the preparation of proposals and reports.
Further responsibilities include:
- organizing workshops and planning academic events
- coordinating seminars and guest lectures as well as communicating with guest researchers, Mercator fellows, and cooperating universities
- supporting the doctoral and postdoctoral researchers in planning and preparing their research stays and conference trips
- promoting the public relations of the Research Training Group, among other things by updating the website
- maintaining and archiving the research data generated in the course of the Research Training Group’s activities
- assisting in the implementation of equal opportunity measures and in the design and implementation of continuing education courses
- successfully completed university studies (M.A./Diploma) with a doctorate in the social sciences, or a comparable qualification
- experience in project management and science communication
- expertise in preparing and writing of scientific reports
- experience with fund management of externally funded projects
- strong organizational and communication skills
- interest in the research program of the Research Training Group
- familiarity with research data management and archiving
- competence in the maintenance of websites
- excellent language skills in both English and German (at least level C1)
- ability to work accurately, independently, and in a structured manner
- very good computer skills (Office and web applications)
Please submit your application in English containing the usual documents (cover letter, CV, and copies of certificates) by email in a single PDF file by 15.01.2023 to the dean Prof. Dr. Christopher Daase, e–mail: dekanat.fb03–email@example.com–frankfurt.de using the subject line 43/2022.
The selection interviews are scheduled at Goethe University Frankfurt am Main for 16.02.2023 and 17.02.2023. Unfortunately, travel expenses can not be reimbursed. For further information please contact the speaker of the Research Training Group Prof. Thomas Lemke (firstname.lastname@example.org–frankfurt.de).
More information can be found here.