The Research Training Group ‘Fixing Futures’ Goethe University Frankfurt am Main is iniviting applications for
10 Doctoral Researcher positions (m/f/d) (E 13 TV-G-U, 75% part-time)
two Postdoctoral Researcher positions (m/f/d) (E 13 TV-G-U)
starting on 01.05.2023 for a fixed term of four years (docs) respectively five years (postdocs), located in Frankfurt am Main. The salary grade is based on the job characteristics of the collective agreement applicable to Goethe University (TV-G-U).
Building on recent scholarship in science and technology studies (STS), the Research Training Group “Fixing Futures” investigates how contemporary societies accommodate future developments and events. It explores “technologies of anticipation” focusing on economic practices, modes of government, and processes of life as the main research areas. The Research Training Group combines the disciplinary perspectives of cultural anthropology, human geography, sociology and related social sciences. English is the language of instruction. Here you will find more information on our research programme – please read this document carefully before applying (www.fixingfutures.eu).
Recruitment requirements are:
- a very good Master’s degree (postdocs: outstanding doctorate) in STS, human geography, cultural anthropology, sociology or a neighbouring discipline
- good methodological skills and research experience
- a depth of knowledge in at least one research area (economies, governance, life)
- very good skills in spoken and written English
- ability and willingness to work in a team
- for the postdocs: excellent competences in research methods and theories in STS as well as publications in (inter-)national peer-reviewed journals
The exact instructions for an application can be found in the following documents on www.fixingfutures.eu:
Application form (please submit this with your application)
The Research Training Group offers a variety of support for reconciling work and family.
Please send your applications by E-Mail (preferably as a single PDF-file) to firstname.lastname@example.org until 15.01.2023.
The selection interviews are scheduled for 14.02.2023 and 15.02.2023 (docs) and 16.02.2023 and 17.02.2023 (postdocs) in Frankfurt am Main. Unfortunately, travel expenses cannot be reimbursed.
More information can be found here.