Post-Doctoral Researcher (f/m/d): pay group 13 TV-L with 95% of the regular working hours for a period of three years in the area of “Empirical Platform Studies and Digital Methods”.
The Centre for Media, Communication and Information Research (ZeMKI) at the University of Bremen offers—under the condition of job release—a three-year postdoctoral position to be based in the Lab “Platform Governance, Media, and Technology” with Prof. Dr. Christian Katzenbach. The position is available as of the next possible date.
The postdoctoral researcher should have a high level of empirical and methodological expertise in the field of platform studies and digital methods. She/he will conduct internationally visible research with the Head of the Laboratory and participate in the establishment of research associations and networks.
- Conduct international research projects in the Lab “Platform Governance, Media, and Technology”, especially in the projects “Platform Governance and Copyright – ReCreating Europe” (EU H2020) and “Imaginaries of AI” (DFG/SNF).
- Methodological support for research and projects carried out at the Lab
- Participation in the acquisition of third-party funding and in the development of research networks and alliances (Platform Governance Research Network)
- Participation in the development of research data infrastructures (Platform Governance Archive) and cooperation with the Data Science Center (DSC) at the University of Bremen
- Testing and developing new methodological and empirical approaches for research into research on platform governance and social media
- Increasing the Lab’s international visibility through publications and lectures, as well as the organisation of scientific conferences
- Above-average doctorate in media and communication studies or a related discipline
- High empirical and methodological expertise in the field of digital methods and platform studies (especially quantitative methods of data collection and analysis)
- Experience with research projects, ideally, already with international partners
- Knowledge in the research field of social media and platform studies, proven by publications and/or lectures
- Willingness to pursue further academic qualification as a postdoc in the above-mentioned fields
- Very good written and spoken English, German language skills would be an advantage
- High level of commitment and initiative, ability to organise and work in a team, diligent and reliable work ethic
- Willingness to participate in academic self-administration
Applications should include the following documents:
- Cover letter (1-2 pages)
- Short research statement (2-3 pages) characterising your own research and outlining future research interests, possible studies and research agenda. In particular, methods and empirical procedures should be described.
- Curriculum vitae
- Copies of your academic transcripts
- Two writing samples (article/contribution, dissertation).
Please send applications, quoting the reference number A184/21, by September 14th, 2021 to the
University of Bremen
Faculty 9 | Cultural Studies
Prof. Dr. Christian Katzenbach
Linzer Str. 4
or as a PDF (single file) by e-mail to: email@example.com.
You can find the full job offer here.