Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d): Remuneration group 13 TV-L with 100% of the regular working hours for a period of three years in the field of “platform governance”.
The Centre for Media, Communication and Information Research (ZeMKI) at the University of Bremen offers—under the condition of job release—a three-year postdoctoral position to be based in the Lab “Platform Governance, Media, and Technology” with Prof. Dr. Christian Katzenbach. The position is available as of the next possible date.
The postdoctoral researcher (f/m/d) will develop internationally visible research in the field of platform governance with the head of the lab, participate in the establishment of research associations and networks, and take on teaching and student supervision in the department’s media degree programmes.
Independent research in the field of Platform Governance in connection with a qualification as a postdoc to the extent of one–third of the working hours.
Academic services in research to the extent of one third of the working time, including but not limited to:
- Collaboration in the Lab’s research projects and in the solicitation of research projects.
- Participation in research networks and associations (Platform Governance Research Network)
- Participation in the development of research data infrastrutctures (Platform Governance Archive)
- Increasing the international visibility of the Lab through publications and lectures, as well as the preparation and implementation of scientific conferences
- Support in academic self governance
Academic services in teaching to the extent of 4 SWS or one–third of the working hours:
- Conducting courses and examinations for the of Media and Communications degree programmes.
- Preparation of teaching materials
- Supervising and advising students, especially in the Digital Media and Society master’s program.
- Supervision of seminar papers, term papers, presentations as well as bachelor’s and master’s theses.
- Above-average doctorate in media and communication studies or a related discipline.
- Knowledge in the field of platform governance and/or platform studies, ideally proven by publications and/or conference presentations.
- Sound methodological training (especially in regard to qualitative methods and digital methods).
- Willingness to pursue further academic qualifications as a postdoc in the abovementioned fields.
- Very good written and spoken English, German language skills would be an advantage.
- High level of commitment and initiative, ability to organise and work in a team, careful and reliable working methods.
- Willingness to participate in academic self-administration.
- Willingness to teach in accordance with the LVNV (Lehrverpflichtungs- und Lehrnachweisordnung).
Applications should include the following documents:
- Cover letter (1-2 pages)
- Short research statement (2-3 pages) characterising your own research and outlining future research interests, possible studies, and research agenda, especially with reference to the emerging interdisciplinary research field of Platform Governance
- Curriculum vitae
- A copy of your academic transcripts
- Two writing samples (article/contribution, dissertation)
Please send applications, quoting the reference number A178/21, by September 3rd, 2021 to the
University of Bremen
Prof. Dr. Christian Katzenbach
Linzer Str. 4
or as a PDF (single file) by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can find the full job offer here.