At the University of Bremen, the Centre for Media, Communication and Information Research/Department 9 – Cultural Studies – in the ZeMKI Lab “Datafication and Mediatization” of Prof. Dr. Andreas Hepp has a vacancy from 1.3.2023, subject to funding approval, for a
Research Associate (f/m/d) for Software Development
– pay group 13 TV-L –
for a period of 3 years.
The temporary position is within the framework of a project for the validation and further development of the molo.news platform (https://molo.news). We are looking for a person (f/m/d) who will further develop the backend of the molo.news platform on the basis of their own and research in the project team on participatory approaches (co-creation) and who would like to work in a committed team that deals with the latest media change (including automation and datafication of communication, pioneer journalism, pioneer/developer communities).
- Independent research-based development of the backend of molo.news in Django
- Research on and implementation of automation of tagging in molo.news based on machine learning
- Implementation of a location feature for molo.news
- Independent development of a monetisation tool for freelance journalists (incl. user management and payment interface)
- Product ownership frontend
- Collaboration in co-creation workshops in a geographically dispersed project with locations in Bremen, Hamburg and Leipzig and neighbouring cities and communities.
- Completed relevant academic degree (M.A., M.Sc., Magister, Diplom)
- Experience in backend development
- Experience in Python
- Experience in project management
- Experience in software development
- High level of commitment and initiative
- Ability to work in a team, meticulous and reliable
- Willingness to participate in academic self-administration
- If possible:
o Experience in software development in the journalistic field
o Experience in Machine Learning
The University of Bremen intends to increase the proportion of women in science and therefore explicitly invites women to apply. Severely disabled applicants will be given priority if they have essentially the same professional and personal qualifications. Applications from people with a migration background are welcome.
Questions should be addressed to Prof. Dr. Andreas Hepp (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The deadline for applications is January 31, 2023, quoting the reference number A361/22.
Applications have to be sent to
University of Bremen
Centre for Media, Communication and Information Research (ZeMKI)
FAO Ms. Heide Pawlik
PO Box 33 04 40
or via e-mail as PDF to: email@example.com
In addition to a covering letter outlining the motivation, the application should be accompanied by a curriculum vitae, final certificates and the final thesis or other publications, if applicable.
More information can be found here.