At the Leibniz Center for Science and Society (LCSS), the research area “Methodology of Higher Education and Science Research” (Prof. Dr. Anna Kosmützky) invites applications for the position of a Doctoral Researcher (m/f/d) for the joint research project “T-PATHS: Knowledge Transfer on Cooperation Paths – Subproject Types, Contextual Conditions, and Potential for Interventions” (Salary Scale 13 TV-L, 65 %) starting at the earliest possible date. The position is 65%, limited to three years, and provides the opportunity for a doctoral dissertation.
We are offering a project position in research project team that is working on new and innovative grounds in knowledge transfer research. The research theme is at the interface of organizational research, higher education research and science studies; methodologically, we follow a mixed-method approach of qualitative case study research and network research (based on bibliometric data). The position is based at LCSS in the research area “Methodology of Higher Education and Science Research”. We offer very good working conditions with the possibility for further qualification (Ph.D.).
Responsibilities and duties
- Literature research and review of the state of research in a literature study
- Preparation, coordination, implementation, and evaluation of case studies; collaboration with colleagues who conducts bibliometric research
- Presentations on project results at national and international conference
- Contributing publications on project results in international peer-reviewed journals
- Organization of workshops, discussion of results with relevant transfer actors
- Regular presentations of the interim results, e.g., at meetings of the BMBF funding line
- Academic university degree (Master) in sociology, political science, or a related social science field and interest in working on a doctoral dissertation
- Excellent knowledge of qualitative or quantitative methods of empirical social research
- Experience in organizational research, higher education research, or science studies / sociology of science is highly appreciated
- Good teamwork, communication and organizational skills
- An excellent command of the English language
- Interest in interdisciplinary cooperation and the transfer of basic research results into practice
Work location is the LCSS Leibniz Center for Science and Society (LCSS), Leibniz University Hannover.
The university aims to promote equality between women and men. For this purpose, the university strives to reduce under-representation in areas where a certain gender is under-represented. Women are under-represented in the salary scale of the advertised position. Therefore, qualified Women are encouraged to apply. Moreover, we welcome applications from qualified Men. Preference will be given to equally-qualified applicants with disabilities.
Please submit your application with supporting documents by December 4, 2022 in electronic form (single pdf file) to
or alternatively via postal mail to:
Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz Universität Hannover
Leibniz Center for Science and Society (LCSS)/ Heike Lovelock
Lange Laube 32, 30159 Hannover
More information can be found here.