The ViDSS Autumn Call for Applications for funded doctoral positions opened on 3 October 2022. The application deadline has been extended to 20 November 2022.
The Department of Science and Technology Studies is part of the Faculty of Social Sciences. Science and Technology Studies is a social science field with a strong interdisciplinary orientation that analyses the interactions of science, technology and society. Department research focuses on knowledge and technology cultures, the relations of techno-sciences and publics, and the governance of techno-sciences and society. We also offer the English language master program ‘Science-Technology-Society’, as well as a number of course formats for other programs.
The praedoc will join the group of University Professor Ulrike Felt and should focus on environmental issues related to scientific and technological innovations. This can include topics ranging from environmental disasters, over problems related to waste, digital environmental surveillance to issues concerning environmental health.
Profile: The candidate must demonstrate the following:
- University degree (Master or equivalent) in Science and Technology Studies or in another social science field, if the applicant can provide evidence of significant prior experience in Science and Technology Studies (Applicants must have obtained their master’s degree before the start of the employment.)
- Knowledge of the theories and methods of Science and Technology Studies
- Ability to successfully plan, conduct, and write up research
- Excellent organisational skills, high reliability, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Motivation to contribute to innovative interdisciplinary teaching
- Excellent proficiency in English. Proficiency in German is a strong advantage.
Employment duration: The announcement is made for 4 years. The employment contract is initially limited to 1.5 years and is automatically extended to a total of 4 years, unless the employer submits a declaration of non-renewal after a maximum of 12 months.
Starting date: 1 March 2022
Contact: Ulrike Felt
- Letter of motivation
- Academic CV (incl. list of publications, if applicable)
- Degree certificate/s (incl. transcripts) of previously completed university degree programmes
- Record of teaching experience (if applicable)
- Doctoral project proposal (5 pages max.)
All documents have to be submitted in one single PDF file. Applications can be submitted in English or German.
Apply@ViDSS —> choose #1: Ulrike Felt, Science and Technology Studies (4 years)
More information can be found here.