The Innovation, Society and Public Policy (ISPP) research group at the Department of Science, Technology and Society (STS) at Technical University of Munch (TUM) is inviting applications for two positions:
Doctoral researcher (TV-L E13, 65%, 3 years, fixed term)
on the topic “Governance and Responsibility in Emerging Quantum Computing Technologies,” and
Post-doctoral researcher (TV-L E13, 100%) or doctoral researcher (65%, 3 years, fixed term)
on the topic “Responsible Innovation in Corporate/Entrepreneurial Settings.”
The deadline for application is July 1, 2022 and we successful candidates are expected to start in the Fall 2022.
- Perform qualitative social science (STS) research on the above-mentioned topic;
- Work towards joint publications in recognized international journals, including co-authored papers with other senior group members;
- (Co-)Teach courses, e.g. on RRI, CSR or other STS topics; help develop new courses on the research topics;
- (Co-)Supervise Master’s students;
- Consider writing/contributing to synergistic grant applications to raise external funding;
- Participate in the ISPP research group and support the work of the group at an administrative level, including the organization of meetings, project maintenance, project events, workshops, conferences etc.;
- Active engagement with the community at MCTS, TUM, and in the international STS landscape.
- Doctoral position: Completed Master’s degree in Science and Technology Studies (STS) or a related field, e.g. (Qualitative) Policy Studies, Innovation Studies, Sociology, Political Science, History of Science, Geography, Anthropology or other relevant field;
- Postdoc position: Completed/submitted dissertation in Science and Technology Studies (STS) or a related field, e.g. (Qualitative) Policy Studies, Innovation Studies, Sociology, Political Science, History of Science, Geography, Anthropology, Management, or other relevant fields, presuming that you can demonstrate an equivalent level of qualification and subject-specific expertise;
- Postdoc position: A distinct research profile in STS or related fields (e.g. demonstrated through publications or previous teaching), ideally related to the project and the broader ISPP profile;
- Broad knowledge of the topics, theories and methods of STS;
- Knowledge of co-productionist and comparative approaches in STS are an advantage;
- Previous experience with the subject matters are an advantage;
- Experiences in (co-)supervising student theses are an advantage;
- Excellent command of the English language;
- German language skills are an advantage (but not necessary);
- International experience is an advantage;
- Strong inclination to work in a team-oriented environment.
All applications should be sent to Ms. Dong Li (email@example.com).
You can find further information here.