Senior Research and Teaching Associate/Postdoc Position, 80 %
The Media & Internet Governance Division at the IKMZ studies media policy and media economics in the convergent communications sector. Alongside research on traditional mass media, the division focuses on Internet Governance and Platform Studies.
- Collaboration in the Division’s research projects and research proposals
- Further academic qualification within the Division’s research and teaching areas that qualifies for application for a professorship
- Publications and conference participation
- Student supervision and administrative work
- PhD degree in communication science, a related discipline in the social sciences or in law
- Excellent knowledge in the fields of media policy and Internet Governance; knowledge of media economics and media law of advantage; interest in theory building
- Strong interest in further academic qualification (habilitation or equivalent qualification)
- Very good knowledge of qualitative and/or quantitative research methods and their applications; experience with statistical and other analysis software
- Strong team orientation
- Accurate and reliable work attitude
- Excellent time management, ability to take initiative and independent work attitude
- Proficiency in written and spoken German and English; additional foreign languages (Swiss national languages in particular) of advantage
What we offer
- Work in an internationally highly successful department: IKMZ is among the top 5 communication science departments in Europe and the top 20 worldwide
- An internationally competitive salary
- A supportive, globally connected, research-oriented team
- Excellent opportunities for further academic qualification and strong support for career development
- An attractive work environment: the University of Zurich is Switzerland’s largest university. Zurich is a vibrant, cosmopolitan city that regularly ranks as one of the cities with the highest quality of life in the world
Place of work
Andreasstrasse 15, Zürich, Switzerland
Start of employment
- 1 August 2022 or upon agreement
- Review starts with the receipt of applications, but the position will remain open until a qualified candidate is found.
- The position has a maximum term of six years and can under certain conditions be extended by another three years. The contract is subject to annual renewal.
- The University of Zurich is committed to gender equality, diversity and inclusion. It therefore expressly invites all qualified persons to apply for this position.
- You may apply for this position via the job portal of the University of Zurich. Your application should include a motivation letter, a CV with a list of publications, conference presentations and other previous academic achievements, proof of degrees (certificates) and up to three selected scientific publications in one PDF file.
You can find the full version here.