- Scientific services in research for the project group Material Form Function (MFF)
- Conception, planning, implementation, communication and documentation of scientific and extra-scientific exhibition and publication formats (such as the MFF Science Festival)
- Implementation of measures to increase international scientific and non-scientific visibility and networking
- Completed scientific studies. University degree, preferably a doctorate in a humanities/social science or design discipline or natural science
- Knowledge of current social debates surrounding active materiality and the Anthropocene, preferably with a focus on related design/artistic and/or curatorial discourses and practices
- Several years of experience in conceptualizing and implementing scholarly and nonscholarly exhibition, publication, and outreach formats (physical and virtual)
- Intercultural and interdisciplinary competence
- Very good oral and written language skills and expressiveness in German and English (business fluent)
- High level of motivation and independence
- Teamwork, communication and moderation skills
- High creative affinity
Application until: September 28th, 2022
As an interdisciplinary research Cluster, we know that diversity makes us better. It is important to us that our employees not only reflect a broad spectrum of social, personal and cultural backgrounds and life experiences but also that they can fully contribute to the work environment in their individuality. We especially welcome applications from women, people with personal or family migration biographies, and people with diverse skills.
Please send applications (including cover letter, curriculum vitae, and relevant references) within three weeks, quoting the reference DR/123/22, to
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Cluster of Excellence »Matters of Activity. Image Space Material«
Prof. Dr. Claudia Mareis
Unter den Linden 6
or preferably by e-mail in one PDF file to moa.application [at] hu-berlin.de.
To ensure equality, applications from qualified women are especially welcome. Severely disabled persons will be given preference in the case of equal suitability. Applications from people with a migration background are expressly welcome. As we do not return your documents, we kindly ask you to enclose only copies with your application.
You will find data protection information on the processing of your personal data in the context of the advertisement and selection process on the homepage of Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin: https://hu.berlin/DSGVO.