The Munich Center for Technology in Society (MCTS, Technical University of Munich) will host the 5th annual German Summer School of Higher Education Research and Science Studies (HERSS) on “Responsible Innovation Cultures International Summer School” (October 14-18, 2019).
The school will focus on the question of how responsible innovation cultures can be established within institutions of higher education and research, such as universities, and will explore what responsibility in research, development and training might look like in different situated institutional contexts.
In various talks and workshops, the summer school will address questions like:
- Responsible Research Innovation: hype or hope?
- Who’s responsible? Exploring the role of different actors within responsible innovation cultures.
- Who’s included? RRI and public engagement.
- RRI in a global context: Responsibility, knowledge and global power structures.
- Training for RRI? Responsible innovation cultures in higher education.
All detailed information regarding the contents, workshops, talks and application can be found in the attached call for participation and on the website of HERSS.
We encourage you to spread the word about this summer school on multifaceted responsible innovation cultures – particularly addressing PhD students, early-career postdocs, and science policy experts/practitioners.
We are looking forward to receiving your applications (open until 14 April 2019).
Please let us know if you have any questions: email@example.com