The University of Siegen is a modern university with an international orientation and a focus on interdisciplinary research. It currently has around 15,000 students and covers a range of research fields from the humanities, social and economic sciences to natural sciences, engineering and life sciences. With over 2,000 employees, the university is one of the largest employers in the region and offers a unique environment for teaching, study, research and knowledge transfer.
In the CRC 1187 „Media of Cooperation” we are looking for a scientific coordinator as soon as possible under the following conditions:
- 100% = 39,83 hours
- Pay grade 13 TV-L
- limited until 31.12.2027
The CRC is an interdisciplinary research network consisting of 15 projects and more than 60 researchers from media studies, science and technology studies, ethnology, sociology, linguistics and literature, computer science and law as well as history, education and engineering. It has been funded by the DFG since 2016. Research focuses on the study of digitally networked media and their practices.
- Designing and organising the curricular programme of the CRC “Media of Cooperation”
- Own scientific contribution to area of digital media research, for example in the field of data studies, sensor media, AI, data-intensive media or similar
- Jointly developing the scientific programme and organisational structure of a Critical Data School
- Moderation and realisation of central CRC events
- Organisation and planning of the event programme for the internal graduate school
- Supervision and expansion of the international cooperation network
- Scientific support and coordination of the work of the CRC’s Executive Board
- Contributing to and organising the final project report
This is a position for further scientific qualification (habilitation). The opportunity to do so will be provided as part of the duties of the position.
- Relevant academic university degree with a doctorate (preferably in the field of cultural and/or social media research)
- Proven academic expertise in the CRC’s field of research
- Experience in the organisation and implementation of large-scale scientific projects or the willingness to learn how to do so
- Team and communication skills
- German language skills are desired but not mandatory
- Willingness to participate in the interdisciplinary activities of the CRC and to help shape their content
Our range of services:
- Promotion of own scientific or artistic qualification according to the Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz [act on temporary employment in higher education] (e.g. habilitation)
- Diverse opportunities to take on responsibility and make a visible contribution in the research and teaching environment
- A modern understanding of leadership and collaboration
- Good work-life balance, for example, through flexible working hours and work location, as well as support with child care
- Extensive personnel development program
- Health management with a wide range of prevention and counseling services
We look forward to receiving your application by 14.02.2024.
Please apply exclusively via our job portal (https://jobs.uni-siegen.de). Unfortunately, we cannot consider applications in writing or by e-mail.
Your contact person:
Prof. Dr. Carolin Gerlitz
Equal opportunities and diversity are promoted and embodied at the University of Siegen. The advertisement is explicitly addressed to people of all genders; applications from women will be given special consideration in accordance with the State Equal Opportunities Act. We also welcome applications from people with different personal, social, and cultural backgrounds, people with severe disabilities, and people of equal status.