Open position for a PhD candidate
Duration of employment: 4 years. The employment contract is initially limited to 1.5 years and is automatically extended to a total of 4 years, unless the employer submits a declaration of non-renewal after a maximum of 12 months.
Extent of Employment: 30 hours/week
Job grading in accordance with collective bargaining agreement: §48 VwGr. B1 Grundstufe (praedoc) with relevant work experience, determining the assignment to a particular salary grade.
- Independent research in the above-mentioned context for a PhD dissertation project
- Collaboration in research projects
- Cooperation in publications, academic articles, and presentations
- Participation in the organisation of meetings, conferences, and symposia
- Independent teaching due to regulations of collective bargaining agreement as well as student supervision, examination activities, and the participation in evaluation activities as well as in quality assurance
- Participation in the department’s administration
The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- University degree (Master or equivalent) in Science and Technology Studies or in another social science field, if the applicant can provide evidence of significant prior experience in Science and Technology Studies;
- Knowledge of the theories and methods of Science and Technology Studies;
- Ability to successfully plan, conduct, and write up research;
- Excellent organisational skills, high reliability, and the ability to meet deadlines;
- Motivation to contribute to innovative interdisciplinary teaching;
- Excellent proficiency in English. Proficiency in German is a strong advantage.
- Letter of motivation
- Academic CV (incl. list of publications, if applicable)
- Degree certificate/s (incl. transcripts) of previously completed university degree programmes
- Record of teaching experience (if applicable)
- Doctoral project proposal (5 pages max.)
All documents have to be submitted in one single PDF file. Applications can be submitted in English or German.
Applications including a letter of motivation (German or English) should be submitted via the Job Center to the University of Vienna (http://jobcenter.univie.ac.at) no later than 13.04.2023, mentioning reference number 13973.
For further information please contact Prof. Ulrike Felt per email or phone +43-1-4277-49611
The full offer can be found here.